Electrical Engineer with strong AutoCAD (2D) experience to design Schematics with power and interconnects, grounding, perform arc flash calculations, cable trays or wireway sizing, for the semiconductor/chip manufacturing industry. This group performs high volume and turns around packages quickly to meet schedules. The Design Engineer / Designer will perform design as well as help build a team locally to support design remotely by coaching and working with other designers and engineers in local office.
Design Tool Installation packages. Packages to include Schematics, Facility Data information, General Routing, and Details.
- Create Schematic to show tool components (Fab / Subfab) design power, interconnect routing, size cable tray or wireway for interconnects, size conduits, circuits.
- Develop fab/Subfab partial plans for electrical routing and elevation details as required.
- Create custom details as required.
- Calculate conductor/cable sizes, device overcurrent protective device (OCPD) rating, equipment grounding conductor size for all Power and Class 1 circuits as per NEC requirements.
- Calculate the Grounding Electrode Conductor (GEC) size per Tool Install Design Standards for separately-derived systems (e.g., transformers).Evaluate and Calculate voltage drop, available fault current, and Arc Flash calculation for each facility panel power circuit.
- Calculate conductor/cable/bundle fill as per NEC requirements for each raceway and cable tray. Ensure circuit grouping meets NEC separation requirements.
- Evaluate wire bending space within wireway. Ensure that maximum conductor/cable size within the wireway meets UL 870 requirements.
- Calculate storage box/ storage tray sizes for excess cable storage.
- Coordinate work with local designers / engineers.
- Should answer RFI’s and update drawings for Record Drawings.
- May need to develop designs from supplier data (First of a Kind designs).
- Will work with other Designers and Engineers on primary and secondary (Low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- Perform all appropriate calculations (e.g. distribution panel loading, short circuit, voltage drop, conduit & conductor size, and cable tray fill) required for the electrical design packages.
- Checks design calculations and drawings verifying all applicable codes have been incorporated.
- Coordinate develop an understanding with other design disciplines (Mechanical, Structural, Architectural) for design package needs.
- Ensure quality control by complying with team design and CAD standards.
- The Design Engineer will perform design as well as coach and develop other designers locally.
- Travel required for initial training.